‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
Maintenance Worker / Cleaner (student)
Variable up to 35
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
MAINTENANCE WORKER / CLEANER (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum of 35 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
DIVISION / LOCATION:
Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
Main Season: May to September 1, 2019 (additional opportunities for fall and winter events)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Perform a variety of manual tasks to assist in the cleaning and upkeep of the site grounds, buildings, offices and tour routes of Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada.
• Provide assistance with special events.
• Contribute to excellent customer service and a positive visitor experience.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to meet the physical demands of the position, e.g. lift, carry, hold, bend and stoop, as well as load and unload materials and equipment, set up and tear down tables, chairs, fencing and other event materials.
• The mechanical aptitude to safely perform a variety of mechanical tasks, including using equipment related to the job e.g. small machinery such as shovels, rakes, weed whip, lawn mower and riding mower, etc. in accordance with the safety procedures of the SLPC.
• The ability to identify, collect and sort recyclable materials.
• The ability to clean offices, washrooms and tour route, replacing supplies to serve the visiting public.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service using tact and discretion.
• The ability to work in a team environment, alone and/or with minimal supervision.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
• A valid driver’s licence.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 28, 2019. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.