‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
Supervisor of Mills & Trades, Youth & Education Programs
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Temporary Full Time
Job Description & Requirements
SUPERVISOR, MILLS, TRADES, YOUTH AND EDUCATION
COMPENSATION GROUP: Program Planning & Evaluation 03
SALARY RANGE: $57,398 to $79,435 per annum
Where candidates lack the full qualifications, an appointment may be made at a lower classification and salary level
PERIOD OFEMPLOYMENT: April to October(Temporary 6-month contract)
HOURS OF WORK: 36.25 hours per week
DIVISION: Upper Canada Village
LOCATION: Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
POSTING DATE: April 8, 2019
CLOSING DATE: April 24, 2019
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Manage general operations, staff, visitor experience and interpretive programs for the Historical Mills & Trades, and Youth & Education units within Upper Canada Village
• Contribute to and lead initiatives related to the overall planning, development, operation and promotion of Upper Canada Village
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Position requires oral and written proficiency in French at the advanced plus level.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Excellent knowledge of living history and other public and education program delivery
• Knowledge of customer service best practices.
• Knowledge and experience related to the supervision of staff, working with youth and student groups, and communicating effectively with educators and other program partners.
• Knowledge of 19th century industries, trades & technologies, and the social, economic and political history of pre-confederation Canada.
• Knowledge of museum and historical collections management best practices and government policies with regard to artifacts and heritage buildings to ensure programming is implemented in keeping with provincial and Commission standards and requirements.
• Knowledge of human resources policies, collective agreements, and effective and fair management practices.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND ANALYTICAL SKILLS:
• Analytical and problem-solving skills to independently manage daily operational issues.
• Administrative knowledge and skills to implement, coordinate and control operational plans and budgets, and to work within established budgets and manage performance measurement.
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
• Strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service to guests and to provide training, direction and leadership to a large and diverse staff.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills to prepare/present a range of materials including operational plans, performance standards, policies and procedures, financial reports, research and interpretive materials, etc.
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 PM ON WEDNESDAY, , APRIL 24, 2019.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES FOR APPLYING, BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER SCREENING OR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-437-2233, ext. 2440.