‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
Special Events Props Assistant (student)
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
SPECIAL EVENTS PROPS ASSISTANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May 6 to September 1, 2019
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Assist with the preparation, construction and maintenance of event props and equipment.
• Assist with the set up and tear down of special events and facility venue rentals.
• Prepare and execute event task lists.
• Monitor the event area to ensure the safety of the visiting public
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The physical ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds to meet essential physical demands.
• The ability to use various hand tools.
• Experience in theatrical set design.
• The ability to assume responsibility and exercise initiative while working alone and/or in a team environment.
• Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service using tact and discretion.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure visitor and staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 31, 2019.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.