‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
Museum Assistant (student)
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
MUSEUM ASSISTANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
DIVISION / LOCATION:
Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May 6 to September 1, 2019
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Assist the Curator in providing for the care and conservation of the artifacts collections of Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada.
• Assist the Curator in conducting an inventory of the museum and library.
• Assist the Curator in managing the library collection.
• Assist the Curator in the operation of the reference library and archives.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Previous museum training and demonstrated record in the handling of artifacts.
• An understanding of the importance of the care of nationally significant artifacts.
• Enrolled in a related field such as museum management.
• Experience in exhibit design.
• Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• An aptitude in data entry.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 28, 2019. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.