‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator
Parks and Recreational Facilities
Maintenance Building, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Job Description & Requirements
TRUCK DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
CLASSIFICATION: Highway Equipment Operator 3
COMPENSATION GROUP: OPSEU - Operational & Maintenance
SALARY RANGE: $21.23 to $23.02 per hour
(Where candidates lack the full qualifications, an appointment may be made at a lower classification and salary level)
PERIOD OFEMPLOYMENT: April to November(Group 3 seasonal recurring)
HOURS OF WORK: 36.25 hours per week
DIVISION: Maintenance and Operations
LOCATION: Maintenance Building, 11 km east of Morrisburg
POSTING DATE: May 6, 2019
CLOSING DATE: May 21, 2019
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• operate trucks and heavy equipment in support of SLPC operations and maintenance capital construction projects
• perform all road and drainage repairs and signage replacement and repairs
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Valid Ontario Class A driver’s licence with a Z (air brake) endorsement
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in the operation of trucks and heavy equipment including dump trucks equipped with or without a float, an industrial backhoe/loader, and tractors.
• Thorough knowledge of the laws governing the operation of commercial vehicles to ensure the safe transportation of equipment and materials.
• Thorough knowledge of the laws and procedures required for the operation of industrial equipment on construction sites to ensure the safety of workers and protect equipment from damage during activities such as digging or excavating, and loading, unloading and moving materials/equipment, etc.
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act as it applies to the work being performed.
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS
• The ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• The ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Teamwork skills to work in a team environment to coordinate work activities and deliver services within established timeframes.
• Communication skills to relate information to staff and customers.
• Personal commitment to excellent customer service.
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 PM ON TUESDAY, MAY 21, 2019.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES FOR APPLYING, BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER SCREENING OR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-437-2233, ext. 2440.