‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Start Over with Job Search
Customer Reservations and Program Support (student)
Skywood Eco Adventure Park
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
If you like adventure, and love spending time outdoors and interacting with the public, join a dynamic team at Skywood Eco Adventure Park, Ontario’s largest Zip Line and Aerial Game Park on the 1000 Islands Parkway.
Customer Reservations and Program Support (Discovery Course, Treewalk Village) (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable hours to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work variable shifts including weekends, holidays, and evenings)
Skywood Eco Adventure Park, 1278 -1000 Islands Parkway
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
mid-April to September 2, 2019
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Monitor discovery/kids course and children’s Treewalk Village, promoting visitor compliance to park rules and ensuring health and safety practices are in place at all times.
• Fit customers with harnesses.
• Collect fees and process reservations.
• Assist with traffic flow throughout the park.
• Perform site clean-up and general maintenance such as cleaning washrooms, emptying garbage, etc.
• Work outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to provide product information and excellent customer service.
• The ability to work effectively with large volumes of customers during peak periods.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
• The ability to assume responsibility and exercise initiative while working with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
• A valid emergency first aid and CPR certificate.
• The physical ability to climb structures and to tolerate heights to assist visitors.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 28, 2019. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.