‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Pumpkinferno Labourer (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that provides visitors with an understanding of historic rural village life through interpretation, re-enactments and/or musical performances.
PUMPKINFERNO LABOURER (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work occasional weekends, evenings and holidays)
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Participate in the production of PumpkInferno exhibits at Upper Canada Village.
• Perform a variety of manual tasks, including lifting, transporting and constructing event exhibits.
• Contribute to excellent customer service and a positive visitor experience.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The physical ability to carry exhibit components (approximately 40 pounds) and to meet other essential physical demands.
• The ability to safely and effectively operate a ½ ton truck and various hand tools.
• The ability to work in a team environment, alone and/or with minimal supervision.
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service using tact and discretion.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.