‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Human Resources Assistant (student)
Finance and Human Resources
Administration Building, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team in the Human Resources Department of the Corporate Services Division that embraces customer service to provide employees with a rewarding work experience.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
DIVISION / LOCATION:
Administration Building – Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.00 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
late June/early July to August 2018 (7 weeks)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Provide confidential clerical support and reception services to the Human Resources Division.
• Support the employee pay and benefits administration function by assisting with the preparation and processing of related forms.
• Assist with the various steps in the recruitment process such as setting up competition files and applicant tracking.
• Respond to customer and employee inquiries
• Assist with automated human resources management system processes.
• Perform general filing, scanning, faxing and photocopying, and prepare and distribute various materials throughout the Commission.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Knowledge or education in Human Resources.
• Oral communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service to staff and the public.
• Working knowledge of software programs and data entry ability to work in a Windows environment with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Peoplesoft.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and use of common office equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, email, etc.
• Organizational skills to compile and maintain statistical information.
• Good judgement in answering inquiries from the public on the telephone or in person, i.e. at reception.
• The ability to work with and maintain confidential records.
• The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and/or as a team member in a customer-oriented environment.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate directly to the duties and qualifications listed above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.