‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Assistant Designer/Pumpkin Carver (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience. If you are a creative individual with a good sense of design and the dexterity to handle carving tools in a safe and fun team environment; this job could be for you.
ASSISTANT DESIGNER / PUMPKIN CARVER (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work occasional weekends, evenings and holidays)
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.00 or $14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Assist with the design, carving and construction of exhibits for the Pumpkinferno program at Upper Canada Village.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Knowledge of design gained through study or experience.
• The ability to safely and effectively operate various hand tools.
• Good communication skills in order to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Good physical condition to meet essential physical demands.
• The ability to work in a team environment, alone and/or with minimal supervision.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.