‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Agricultural Support Interpreter (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
AGRICULTURAL SUPPORT INTERPRETER (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
early-May to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Assist with the operation of the Upper Canada Village Cheese Factory.
• Provide hands-on horticultural, landscaping and agricultural support.
• Interpret the historical gardens and farms at Upper Canada Village.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to perform the physical duties associated with the position.
• Knowledge and experience with traditional gardening and/or in farming practices.
• The ability to drive a tractor and operate other machinery (e.g. power mower, grass trimmer).
• The ability to follow strict cleaning and food handling procedures and meet health standards associated with the operation of the Village’s Cheese Factory.
• The ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds.
• The ability to study and learn historical information related to the position.
• The ability to wear an historical costume (25% of the time).
• The ability to work as an effective team member.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.