‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Kingston Penitentiary Tours (student)
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Come be part of the Kingston Penitentiary Tours Team, bringing history to life; providing visitors from all over the region with memorable historic tours.
KINGSTON PENITENTIARY TOURS (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be willing to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
April to October 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Greet visitors, respond to inquiries, provide site programming information, confirm and validate reservations and waivers, and direct visitors to mustering area for commencement of tour.
• Work as a tour guide, taking visitors on scripted, guided historical tours, making each visitor’s experience special by providing an interesting, memorable and safe experience.
• Sell select retail product.
• Provide basic cleaning and upkeep of the tour routes and visitor washrooms.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to learn historical information within a limited timeframe and interpret it to the public within scripts provided (in both individual and group settings).
• The ability to effectively manage groups of up to 30 visitors per tour, staying organized and delivering tours within allotted timeframes.
• The ability to operate a cash register and credit card machine, handle cash and invoice transactions with accuracy, integrity and efficiency.
• The ability to assume responsibility and exercise initiative while working alone and/or in a team environment.
• Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to provide excellent program delivery.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.