‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Family Activity Centre Facilitator (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
FAMILY ACTIVITY CENTRE FACILITATOR (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
late June to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Welcome visitors to the Family Activity Centre at Upper Canada Village, orient them to the Centre, explain and animate the exhibits within the Centre and provide a variety of historical workshops and demonstrations using crafts, music, drama, games, tools and historical costumes.
• Assist with Time Traveller Camp Counsellor duties as required (see Time Traveller Camp Counsellor job advertisement).
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to communicate well with visitors and, in particular, children.
• The ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead workshops and to explain and demonstrate a wide range of historical activities such as crafts, music, games and tools.
• Knowledge of 19th century Ontario history.
• The ability to learn historical information, policies and procedures associated with the Family Activity Centre and Upper Canada Village.
• The ability to assist with other tasks associated with the Activity Centre such as obtaining supplies, cleaning and research related to visitor questions and new activity centres.
• The ability to wear a modern uniform.
• A valid emergency first aid certificate or the ability to obtain.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
A vulnerable service sector check is required for this position.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.