‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Merchandiser Cashier/Admissions Clerk (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
MERCHANDISER CASHIER/ADMISSIONS CLERK (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.00 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
early-May to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Provide excellent customer service to visitors at Upper Canada Village by greeting them and providing them with information regarding the site and daily activities.
• Operate a cash register, handle cash, process credit/debit transactions and refunds, calculate foreign exchange, complete paperwork, etc.
• Perform admission sales and ticketing, and conduct surveys.
• Assist the photographer by helping visitors dress up in period costumes.
• Rotate through a variety of positions: merchandiser/cashier in the Village Store, admissions clerk and greeter at the front gate.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to work in teams.
• The ability to adapt to different situations and work under pressure in a busy area.
• Good judgement in answering inquiries from the public, and the ability to entertain visitors and upsell products.
• The ability to problem-solve and find solutions.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.