‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Administrative Clerk (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Operations Building - Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May to August 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Provide effective lines of communication to visitors, clients and staff of Upper Canada Village.
• Greet visitors, answer phones and e-mails, and provide enthusiastic detail on Upper Canada Village programming and services.
• Input requisitions, acquisitions, and inventory into a retail information system, including pricing lists and vendor lists.
• Prepare purchase orders, ensuring saleable invoices are accurate with receiving, and verifying receipt of Village product from packing slips.
• Assist the youth programs and core events/special events teams as required.
• Scan, file, photocopy, order supplies and take photos.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service and effective information services to the public and Village staff.
• Good working knowledge and ability to use computer software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Previous experience in reconciling accounts and office procedures.
• The ability to capture and upload photos.
• The ability to assume responsibility, good physical condition, exercise initiative and apply acquired organizational skills.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
• A valid driver’s licence.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relates to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.