‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Mower Operator (student)
Parks and Recreational Facilities
Long Sault Parkway
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at the Long Sault Parkway focused on providing exceptional customer service at three campgrounds and two beach day-use picnic areas along the St Lawrence River. Here is your chance to spend the summer working outside in an unparalleled, scenic environment.
MOWER OPERATOR (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week
Long Sault Parkway
$14.00 or $14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
mid-May to September 3, 2018 OR mid-June to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Mow grass using a lawn tractor. Move picnic tables, garbage cans and other obstacles to allow the passing of lawn equipment.
• Maintain grounds (e.g. picking up garbage, stones and large branches) and weed flowerbeds (where applicable).
• Provide assistance at special events in the parks.
• Clean/maintain equipment, complete equipment log books, document accidents and/or injuries.
• Wear a park uniform and proper personal protective equipment at all times while on duty, ensuring that it is clean and in good repair.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability and experience to operate equipment, riding lawn mowers and string trimmers.
• The physical ability to carry out a variety of manual duties such as picking up garbage, stones and large branches, moving picnic tables, lifting garbage cans, etc.
• Good communication and customer service skills to deal effectively with staff and the public.
• The ability and willingness to acquire a good knowledge of the operation of a campground in a short period of time.
• The ability to learn the contents of the Parks and Recreation Policy and Procedures Manual and the Emergency Procedures Manual.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
• A valid driver’s licence.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.