‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Skywood Guide (student)
Parks and Recreational Facilities
Skywood Eco Adventure Park
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
If you like adventure and love spending time outdoors and interacting with the public, join a dynamic team at Skywood Eco Adventure Park, Ontario’s largest Zip Line and Aerial Game Park on the 1000 Islands Parkway.
GUIDE (Aerial Course, Zip Tours, Treewalk Village) (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work variable shifts including weekends, holidays, and evenings)
Skywood Eco Adventure Park, 1278 -1000 Islands Parkway
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
mid-April to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Provide an orientation of the course to customers.
• Guide customers through the park and provide environmental interpretation of the site.
• Perform equipment checks and fit customers with harnesses.
• Assist with traffic flow throughout the park.
• Collect fees and process reservations.
• Promote visitor compliance to park rules and regulations and ensuring health and safety practices are in place at all times.
• Perform site clean-up and general maintenance such as cleaning washrooms, emptying garbage, etc.
• Climb rain or shine so you must be willing to be outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Reached at least 18 years of age.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to provide product information and excellent customer service.
• The ability to work effectively with large volumes of customers during peak periods.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
• The ability to assume responsibility and exercise initiative while working with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
• The physical ability to use zip line and aerial park equipment and to tolerate heights to interact, guide and assist visitors.
• A valid emergency first aid and CPR certificate.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
Note: Candidates selected for an interview must complete a practical zip line tour to ensure ability to tolerate heights.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.