‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Marketing Assistant (student)
Marketing and Communications
Variable to a maximum of 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team, in the Marketing and Communications Division, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
MARKETING ASSISTANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
$14.00 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
July and August 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Assist in the day-to-day marketing requirements on behalf of the Marketing Team.
• Distribute media information via email, social media and grassroots marketing.
• Event marketing coordination and execution.
• Prepare and execute marketing tactics
• Maintain a high level of internal/external customer service.
• Distribute event/marketing collateral material.
• Conduct visitor exit surveys at The St. Lawrence Parks Commission’s sites and attractions, input survey responses into selected software programs, and input postal code tracking information into Access program.
• Liaise with other internal units and communicate initiatives.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Written and oral communication skills to interact with staff and visitors, and a personal commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Training in event marketing, public relations, integrated marketing or advertising.
• An outgoing personality, with confidence to speak with customers and team members.
• Creative thinking and modern marketing knowledge.
• Working knowledge of computer software such as google aps, creative editing tools, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.