‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Operations Coordinator, Kingston Penitentiary
Fixed Term Group 1
Job Description & Requirements
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, KINGSTON PENITENTIARY
CLASSIFICATION: Executive Officer 1
COMPENSATION GROUP: OPSEU - Administrative
SALARY RANGE: $1,085.98 to $1,333.44 per week
Where candidates lack the full qualifications, an appointment may be made at a lower classification and salary level
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: May to November 2018 (Group 3)
HOURS OF WORK: 36.25 hours per week
DIVISION: Kingston Penitentiary
POSTING DATE: February 9, 2018
CLOSING DATE: February 26, 2018
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Plan, coordinate and implement all components of tours, retail operations, admissions, site food and beverage services and other associated activities with the objective of operating a high quality and innovative product
• Coordinate the procurement and purchase of merchandise for retail operations, overseeing the overall design of retail displays and exhibits
• Lead admissions function including ensuring smooth transition of ticket booking and payment system to ensure effective functioning on day to day basis and to troubleshoot issues that may occur
• Plan and develop tour scripts and associated tour product offerings from concept to completion including the development of business cases and training plans, organization of logistical arrangements, acquisition of staff, materials and support services required to ensure a successful interpretive experience
• Lead creative development for interpretive material in concert with subject matter experts; direct all staff scheduling and training
• Provide day to day guidance and direction to tour supervisors as required in the various areas of operation
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• General knowledge of and experience in tourism industry sectors and heritage tour operations
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act to ensure compliance when performing supervisory/group leadership responsibilities
RETAIL, ADMISSIONS AND VENUE MANAGEMENT:
• Technical experience with and knowledge of retail point of sale and ticketing systems to maintain, edit, update and troubleshoot as required
• Knowledge and experience in venue management including contract management
• Experience with and knowledge in retail, sales and merchandising management, including procurement and inventory management methods
COMMUNICATION, ORGANIZATIONAL AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
• Strong communication skills (written and oral) to plan and develop tour scripts and associated tour product offerings and to lead the creative development of interpretive materials
• Organizational and time management skills as well as demonstrated experience with project management methods to plan, direct, implement and evaluate multiple, concurrent project initiatives from concept to completion within established deadlines, budgets and deliverables
• Ability to guide front line supervisors in scheduling and resource management to ensure tour operations are fully covered
LEADERSHIP, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
• Strong leadership skills to provide guidance and direction to staff regarding best practices for customer and visitor service; proven ability to provide leadership and motivation to staff
• Strong customer service background and experience working in a tourism/entertainment industry to plan, develop and manage tour and retail operations
• Demonstrated business relationship skills to develop and manage relationships and cooperative efforts with customers and partners; demonstrated experience you have managed stakeholder relationships to successful outcomes
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 PM ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2018.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES FOR APPLYING, BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER SCREENING OR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-437-2233, ext. 2440.