‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Miniature Train Attendant (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
MINIATURE TRAIN ATTENDANT (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
early-May to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Greet and assist customers.
• Help operate the Upper Canada Village miniature train by driving the train, operating the audio-visual exhibit and audio tour, helping to maintain the train, track, station and surrounding area.
• Sell tickets and operating a cash register.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
• Note: This position may be combined and include the duties of the Historical Interpreter – Battle Memorial Building position.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• The ability to acquire a good knowledge of the train’s operation and to perform the physical tasks that are part of this position (i.e. driving the train properly and safely, operating the audio-visual equipment, assisting with maintenance and minor repairs).
• The ability to operate a cash register.
• The ability to work under pressure in a busy area.
• The ability to learn and share a wide variety of historical and tourist information with customers and to exercise good judgement in responding to inquiries from the public.
• The ability work in a team, problem-solve and find solutions.
• The ability to wear historical costume and/or corporate uniform.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.