‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Historical Interpreter (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
HISTORICAL INTERPRETER (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
early-May to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Interpret the history of 1860s Ontario through performing and explaining a selection of activities associated with the daily life and work of this period (e.g., domestic life, historical trades, farming, the general store, mills and industrial technology, school, religion, and/or period music, etc.)
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to communicate and to interpret effectively to large numbers of people of various ages and backgrounds.
• Knowledge of mid-19th century Ontario history.
• The ability to study and learn the interpretive and historical material related to the position and the Village.
• The ability to perform physical duties in order to carry out the various interpretive activities on site associated with the position(s) assigned.
• The ability to wear historical costume.
• The ability to perform and learn the skills associated with one or more of the following: domestic life and chores, a historical trade, farming and gardening, role playing.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
A vulnerable service sector check is required for this position.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.