‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Time Travellers Camp Counsellor (student)
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Upper Canada Village that provides visitors with an understanding of historic rural village life through interpretation, re-enactments and/or musical performances.
TIME TRAVELLERS CAMP COUNSELLOR (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week
Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
mid-June to September 3, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Perform the duties of a camp counsellor for the Time Travellers overnight camp programs at Upper Canada Village for children 8 to 14 years of age.
• Organize, lead and participate in camp activities.
• Assist with housekeeping functions and provide for the health and safety of camp participants.
• Assist at the Family Activity Centre as required.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to communicate well with children and to provide responsible leadership for those children in a camp setting.
• The ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to perform and teach activities such as crafts, music, interactive sports and games and to perform other tasks such as basic cooking and cleaning.
• Knowledge of 19th century Ontario history.
• The ability to learn historical information, policies and procedures associated with the Time Travellers Programs
• The ability to wear an historical costume.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
• A valid driver’s licence.
• A valid emergency first aid certificate or ability to obtain.
• Lifeguard training.
A vulnerable service sector check is required for this position.
NOTE: There are no staff living quarters on site. You are responsible for your living arrangements and transportation to and from the site to work your assigned shifts.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.