‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Assistant Graphic Artist (student)
Marketing and Communications
Administration Building, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Variable to a maximum of 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team, in the Design Department of the Marketing Division, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
ASSISTANT GRAPHIC ARTIST (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum 36.25 hours per week (weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
Administration Building – Upper Canada Village
(11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.00 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
mid-May to end of August 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Morrisburg’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Support the design department with the preparation of brochures, signs, office forms, web designs, etc.
• Assist in administrative duties such as issuing purchase orders, distributing posters and media releases, filing, etc.
• Assist the marketing department by conducting customer service surveys on-site at Upper Canada Village.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Working knowledge and experience using Macintosh Apple products and software and Adobe Creative Suite programs specifically: Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat Professional.
• The ability to interpret and understand the creative requirements needed to produce effective and engaging designs.
• Training in web & social media design (online)
• The capability of assisting in the creation of thoughtful and creative designs.
• Knowledge and/or experience with photography shooting and editing.
• Organizational skills to prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to interact with visitors and staff, and a personal commitment to exceptional customer service.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.