‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Upper Canada Village
Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Job Description & Requirements
CLASSIFICATION: Clerk 2, Supply
COMPENSATION GROUP: OPSEU - Office Administration
SALARY RANGE: $21.34 to $23.58 per hour
Where candidates lack the full qualifications, an appointment may be made at a lower classification and salary level
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: April to October (Group 3 seasonal recurring )
HOURS OF WORK: 36.25 hours per week
DIVISION: Upper Canada Village
LOCATION: Upper Canada Village, 11 km east of Morrisburg
POSTING DATE: March 13, 2018
CLOSING DATE: March 27, 2018
AREA OF SEARCH: OPEN
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Ensure the efficient operation of a stock room in a highly diversified retail sales complex
• Receive goods, verify orders with packing slips and purchase orders, and check for damage during shipment
• Prepare merchandise for sale and assist with ordering merchandise
• Handle all phase of consignment merchandise
• Take charge of annual inventory and verify counts of merchandise
• Supervise and train staff on correct methods for working in a stock room
• Act as a customer service representative or a cashier in a sales area, completing deposits, when needed
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Physical ability to lift heavy objects with safety and accuracy.
• Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's licence to drive on Ontario highways.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Related experience in a retail stock room.
• The ability to operate a point-of-sales system.
• Knowledge of programs applied to inventory control of a stock room.
COMMUNICATION, INTERPERSONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• The ability to work independently or in a group with minimum supervision.
• Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with staff to provide training and maintain good working relationships.
• The ability to work under pressure and solve problems.
• The ability to follow instructions and maintain accurate records.
• The ability to set up and direct stock room procedures.
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS 11:59 PM ON TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2018.
WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES FOR APPLYING, BUT ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR FURTHER SCREENING OR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-437-2233, ext. 2440.