‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Quarter Master Support (student)
Variable up to 36.25
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
HOURS OF WORK:
variable to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required)
DIVISION / LOCATION:
Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
May 7 to September 2, 2018
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Be a representative of one of Kingston’s premium and internationally recognized tourism sites.
• Assist the Quartermaster in the daily operations of the program support unit (Quartermaster stores).
• Assist with general storekeeping duties such as weapons maintenance, equipment issue, uniform inventory, and aiding in animal (goat) care.
• Assist in the repair and manufacturing of period leather accoutrements, artillery pieces, woodwork for pace sticks, NCO canes, etc.
• Make each visitor’s experience at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada interesting and enjoyable by providing excellent customer service.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• The ability to follow inventory procedures, dealing with seasonal and daily issuing of uniforms and equipment.
• The ability to work with black gunpowder and historic weapons.
• Communication and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service and effective information service to both the public and staff.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
• A valid driver’s licence.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.