‹ Go Back to St. Lawrence Parks Commission
The Parks of the St. Lawrence is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. For more information on how to request accommodation or assistance, please contact our staff in Human Resources at
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Assistant Computer Technician (student)
Finance and Human Resources
Administration Building, 11 km east of Morrisburg
Job Description & Requirements
Join a dynamic team, in the Information Technology Section of the Corporate Services Division, that embraces customer service to provide visitors with a treasured experience.
ASSISTANT COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (student)
HOURS OF WORK:
variable up to 36.25 hours per week (must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings as required)
Administration Building – Upper Canada Village (11 km east of Morrisburg)
$14.85 per hour
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
late June/early July to August 2018 (7 weeks)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE?
• Aid the IT team with troubleshooting desktop computers, mobile devices and network environments in various areas of the Commission.
• Assist in the administration of the SLPC desktop environment and assist users with technical and user issues associated with hardware and software.
• Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating system environment.
• Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, computer desktop hardware and peripherals troubleshooting and installation.
• Knowledge and experience with Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• The ability to work independently and with direction from senior members of the IT team.
• The ability to learn all safety protocols and procedures to ensure personal, visitor and fellow staff safety is maintained at all times.
In your resume and/or cover letter, please indicate specifically how your experience, skills and knowledge relate to the duties and qualifications stated above.
DUE TO SCREENING DEADLINES, PRIORITY CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 23, 2018. WE WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS BEYOND THIS DATE.
The St. Lawrence Parks Commission is an equal opportunity employer.